You wish to take things to the next level, after following a Green Belt training, and deepen your knowledge of applicable advanced Lean techniques? Don’t miss the opportunity & sign up for our Black Belt Lean training. The techniques mentioned below will allow you to zoom in on difficult process & quality problems.
We provide insight into the statistical and lean tools that have proven to be of great help in solving everyday problems in an industrial environment:
- Apply the Lean toolbox in a structured and logic way (avoiding cherry picking).
This program is focused on those people who have experience in projects and who are involved in the improvement of complex manufacturing or design processes.
Green Belt level is a prerequisite.
We provide insight into Lean Thinking and the Lean Tools that have proven to be of great help in process optimisation in an industrial environment.
- 5 Lean Principles and different types of wastes
- Value Stream Mapping
- Current state
- Manufacturing Critical Time path (MCT)
- Design future state
- End-to-End value stream mapping
- Lean toolbox: 5S, visual management, standard work, OEE, Kaizen, SMED, calculating Kanban, line balancing, load levelling,...
- Basic lean statistics
- Demand analysis (product family portfolio, Glenday sieve, ABC-XYZ classification)
- Advanced lean toolbox: rhythm wheels, S&OP, scenario thinking
- Basics of factory physics and system dynamics
- The Black Belt training program consists of 1 work sessions each of 3 consecutive days.
- Each session offers a mix of theoretical foundation and practical exercises.
- Each session offers the opportunity to exchange experiences with other participants.
- At the end of the training, there will be an examination. After succeeding with a final score of 70% or more, the participant will be awarded a “Black Belt Training Certificate”.
- After the training program, it is possible after agreement, to use a project coaching approach, consisting of following elements:
- Intake discussion to help to select the right project, increasing the chances for success
- 2 coaching sessions after each training session or ad hoc assistance with data analysis, setting up of DoE, emerging problems etc.
- Preparation and evaluation of the project story board for certification.
Tom Van der Straeten, managing partner, senior management consultant, coaches companies and is a professional trainer in the field of Continuous Improvement (Black Belt Lean and Six Sigma), Total Productive Manufacturing and Lean Transformations in the End-to-End Supply Chain. He has experience in production, maintenance and supply chain management in the electronical pharmaceutical, automotive and lighting industries in an international environment as well as in services. He has a Master's Degree in Civil Engineering (Electro Technical Engineering) and has a post gradual degree in Business Administration at the KUL.
June 27-28-29: Lean