In a meeting, it is important what is discussed, but equally important how it is discussed. A good facilitator can make a discussion run more efficiently, ensure participants stay on topic and keep the energy level in the (meeting) room high.
This training provides the basic skills to prepare and lead a successful meeting or workshop. Companies that hold focused - and therefore more efficient - meetings, with a dash of creativity, make better decisions and invest in their employees' job happiness.
- During a 1-day training we introduce the how and why of different facilitation techniques.
- There is the possibility to divide into 2 half days, so we can work on intermediate learning moments.
- Topics are treated as a combination of theory and exercises.
- Participants bring examples from practice, on which further work is done.
- Each session offers the opportunity to exchange experiences with other participants and receive feedback on their own developed facilitation skills.
- The learning experience is supported and enhanced through the use of an online learning platform.
- A training certificate can be provided.
What can you expect?
- Clarity on the role and basic skills of a facilitator.
- Focus on the form of a meeting or workshop and not the content.
- Understanding meeting structure depending on the purpose.
- An introduction to exercises and tools that help with facilitation.
- Dealing with and engaging (difficult) participants.
- Leading a meeting:
- Types of meeting and their objectives
- Preparing a meeting or workshop
- Opening and closing the meeting
- Tools and exercises for facilitating discussions
- The usefulness of energisers, ice-breakers and other practical exercises
- Interacting with participants:
- Active listening
- The art of (further) questioning
- How to deal with disruptive behaviour
- Elaboration of a facilitated meeting or workshop:
- Role play
- Intervision moment between participants based on experiential cases